Thursday, February 23, 2006

Ready and waiting! - 1 day to go.

Well, it's all done. Everything is ready for Friday night and it is going to awesome!
Megan, Helen, Andrew, Gareth, Ruth and I worked solidly for most of the evening but the end result was worth it. Megan sent me a sweet text after we had all gone home saying 'thank you for asking me to help'. Bless!

Just so you guys reading this can get a little feel for the work these guys have done, and what the place will look like, I took a few pictures.




This is the best picture I took all evening.
Here Megan is mastering the nuances of string handling while being perched on a ladder. At the other end of the string was Helen (see below).

Behind Helen you may notice a boat (HMS Fusion as we have come to know her). Thanks to Andrew (our Glaswegian animator/cartoonist, a very smart and funny lad that I love having around) this prayer zone looks stunning. If you look closely you may even see the smimmery water effect at work. Good work Andrew!

When we got down the church we were expecting to wait for Alan to deliver the boat for us, but instead it was already there, just sat in the middle of the main hall. That was such an odd sight, you don't usually see a boat in the middle of a church (I guess Peter and some of the other disciples would have felt at home!). Mind you, I wander how Alan even managed to get it through the doors! Some things will remain a mystery I guess.

Alan Collins, who borrowed the boat for us, is an unsung star. He's a fisherman (a proper one, one whose handshake crushes your fingers and changes your handwriting for the rest of the week) and so when the idea of getting a boat in fo rthe day of prayer I thought I'd ask him. "Al, I need your help" I said, "can you get a boat for me. A cool looking wooden one."

"OK. It's done." Was his confident reply, "Don't worry about it."

And he was right, I didn't have to worry about it. It just appeared.

Any way, back to Andrew, here's a picture of him at work. Despite the way it looks Megan did not spend all evening on his back :o) He was a fantastic help. The boat and the cross all look as good as they do thanks to his hard work and creative talents.

But don't forget about the 'sparkies'.

Gareth (senior sparkie) and Ruth (my wife and assistant sparkie). Here they are in action. Love them, they spent all evening rewiring all of the lights. Prior to her offer of help to Gareth, Ruth had never changed a plug. I don't think Gareth appreciated this and Ruth didn't let him know, but I suspect that the number of times she gouged he thumb with the screwdriver probably heightened his suspicions.


Eventually by 9:30pm (after having listening to two CDs in their entirity, Jeremy Camp and David Crowder*Band - class) we finished. All done. And, we were pleased :o)




This is us celebrating a job well done (just behind us you can see HMS Fusion). Left to right: me, Andrew, Helen, Ruth and Megan.

I can only appologise for Megan but all respect to Andrew, now that is cool :o\

To everyone who will venture into this prayer room over the weekend, you are going to have some marvellous time in God's presence. He is on the move and is stirring our hearts!

Praise God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home