Wednesday, February 22, 2006

A rest on our pilgrimage - 2 days to go.

Fusion [or ‘Prayer for the City’] is due to start in just a few days …. Friday night, 8pm to be precise. I love seeing, and hearing about, so many brothers and sisters in Christ, from a variety different churches, all having encountered God in a new way.

“Surely the Lord is in this place, and I was not aware of it.” Gen 28:16

As I have been preparing various materials for this weekend I have been so conscious that God has been preparing something. The nearer this weekend has got the more keenly I have become aware that god’s hand has been in it’s preparation, nothing is random. God intends to meet with people, to speak with them, inspire them, release them, direct them, restore them even perhaps save them.
Who knows what might happen when people step into this prayer room!
What is important to remember (especially for me as I have been getting things ready) is that this does not belong to us, it is God’s. This is His house, His Bethel.

His weekend is going to be exciting. God is paving the way for something new.

As I have been pottering around the house today, still trying to shake off a cold that I have had since the weekend :o( I have been listening to a CD that I purchased just the other week The Hymnal by Randall Goodgame. It may not be everyone’s cup of tea (lots of old school hymns that totally rock!) and I have just been listening to a lush rendition of ‘Guide Me O Thou Great Jehovah’ – you’ll probably hear this track being played at least a few times at the prayer day. This is a hymn of pilgrimage, which is after all what our lives are all about; a journey, our walk with Chirst, our pilgrimage home to heaven.
On this journey isn’t awesome that we can rest a while at ‘Bethel’, to stay and pray a while in God’s presence. Marvellous!

We’ll be setting up the main hall in Bethel tonight, transforming it into Newport’s largest prayer room for the weekend (right next to a nightclub too!).
I’ll let you know how it goes tomorrow :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home