Monday, February 13, 2006

Living deeply - 9 days to go.

“… stay with Christ. Live deeply in Christ. Then we’ll be ready for him when he appears, ready to receive him with open arms, with no cause for red-faced guilt or lame excuses when he arrives.”
1 John 2:28 (The Message)

Are you ‘shallow’?
I’d hate to be thought of as a ‘shallow’ sort of person. But in terms of my Christian faith, I wander where I am. Am I in the shallows? Up to my waist? Or am I in the deep, surrounded by God? In this respect I am often my own worst enemy. Forget anyone else, I hinder my own faith! I amaze myself sometimes.

I read the above passage from John’s first letter his plea for us has really stuck with me … “Live deeply in Christ.” Is there something that stirs within you as you read these words? This deep living with Christ is only possible when we surrender, completely accepting his love for us and his leadership. He’s looking for fusion, where there is a melting between who he is and what we are.

Are we up to living deeply? Does it stir you?

Only You
Take my heart, I Lay it down
At the feet of you whose crowned
Take my life, I’m letting go
I lift it up to You who’s throned


And I will worship You, Lord
Only You, Lord
And I will bow down before You
Only You Lord


Take my fret, take my fear
All I have, I’m leaving here
Be all my hopes, be all my dreams
Be all my delights, be my everything


And It’s just you and me here now
Only you and me here now

You should see the view
When it’s only You

(From David Crowder*Band’s Illuminate CD)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home