Thursday, February 16, 2006

Hungry? - 6 days to go.

“The mystery [of fusion living] in a nutshell is just this: Christ is in you, therefore you can look forward to sharing in God's glory. It's that simple. That is the substance of our Message… To be mature is to be basic. Christ! No more, no less. That's what I'm working so hard at day after day, year after year, doing my best with the energy God so generously gives me.”
Col 1:27,29 (The Message)

How hungry are you for God?

Our hearts desires are lived out in our actions.
I can say that I love my wife but unless that is backed up with actions it is a worthless sentiment. How would she know, how would anyone know? The [very] occasional bunch of flowers or gift (such as the wonderful Nanny McPhee on DVD) aren’t important in themselves, but they are signs that I do love and appreciate her. So does getting to knowing what she likes, what makes her smile, taking her by the hand as we stroll together through town or when I make her a little card…. I do love you, Ruth xxx

I can’t tell you how many times I have found myself telling God that I am hungry for more of Him in my life (you are probably the same) but if I do nothing, it’s worthless. Unimpressive words. God isn’t going to coo over that fact that I have said I’m hungry for him. His heart is only stirred when He sees that our hearts long for Him, when we use all our energy to seek more of Christ …

“Come near to God and he will come near to you.” James 4:8 (NIV)

Our hunger for God is our message. If people see no desire in our lives, what difference will the Gospel make to them? If we are not stirred by God, how can we expect the lost to be?

That is why I (as well as so many of you) love FUSION [or ‘Prayer for the City’] so much. Not because you are an event lover, but because you get an opportunity to abandon yourself in God’s presence. It is God we love, and we are serious in wanting Him more, wanting fusion. We may come in a pray for friends, ourselves, the city, any number of things but in reality we are hungry for Him. We are thirsty for Him. We will joyfully give up our time just to be with Him, to hear his voice.

“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.” Matt 5:6 (NIV)

Fusion is coming and it is full of promise.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home