Sunday, February 19, 2006

One way: Jesus! - 4 days to go.


“My counsel is this: Live freely, animated and motivated by God's Spirit. Then you won't feed the compulsions of selfishness. For there is a root of sinful self-interest in us that is at odds with a free spirit, just as the free spirit is incompatible with selfishness. These two ways of life are antithetical, so that you cannot live at times one way and at times another way according to how you feel on any given day. Why don't you choose to be led by the Spirit …?
… But what happens when we live God's way? He brings gifts into our lives, much the same way that fruit appears in an orchard--things like affection for others, exuberance about life, serenity. We develop a willingness to stick with things, a sense of compassion in the heart, and a conviction that a basic holiness permeates things and people…
… let us make sure that we do not just hold it as an idea in our heads or a sentiment in our hearts, but work out its implications in every detail of our lives.”

Gal 5:16-18,22,25 (The Message)

I read this passage from Galatians one morning last week and it has been just rolling around in my mind and heart ever since. It’s bugging me and delighting me. It’s as though I don’t want any more, and then I can’t get enough!
I just wanted to share it with you guys (anyone reading this). Let it drift into a prayer, a living payer. One that walks around with you all week. One that, when you sit still for a moment, you realise that you are still praying. Let God’s Holy Spirit mould you in prayer.

As I have been doing this I have also found a song called One Way beating in my heart. (It is a song from a Hillsong United CD but we sing it in church every so often).
This is my battle cry for the week ahead, this is my song for fusion.
One way – Jesus!

ONE WAY
I lay my life down at your feet

You're the only one I need
I turn to you and you are always there
In troubled times it's you I seek
I put you first that's all I'll need
I humble all I am, all to you

One way, Jesus, you're the only one that I could live for
One way, Jesus, you're the only that I could live for

You are always, always there
Every how and everywhere
Your grace abounds so deeply within me
You will never ever change Yesterday, today the same
Forever 'til forever meets no end

You are the way, the truth, and the life
We live by faith and not by sight, for you
We're living all for you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home