Friday, February 24, 2006

FUSION is here!

The wait is over! FUSION ['Prayer for the City'] is here, our day of continual prayer over Newport starts tonight.
I am excited by what can happen, by what will happen, as God's Spirit broods over our city. This weekend I am confident that God is going to do things in people's lives; he is going to start ministries, confirm callings, plant ideas, strengthen, encourage even save souls!
Great is our God!

As this 24 hours of prayer continues I will keep this blog updated as much as I can (so keeping logging on over the next 24hrs - I'll try to include some pictures too). That way, even though you may not be at the venue all the time, you can keep up with what is going on .... and continue in your praying. After all prayer is breathing in God's presence. Naturally we breathe where ever we are, we can do the same in prayer; in a queue, on the bus, in bed, walking along it doesn't matter. Whatever we are doing we can breathe God in allowing him to transform what comes out of us.

Chris (the guy who posts out all of the posters for this event and makes sure that it is manned around the clock - he does an awesome job and God is blessing it) sent this email to me yesterday and it just excitedly brims with anticipation for this weekend:

Andrew,

The
pictures are fab! I feel within my spirit that God is going to do something special in peoples lives over this weekend, over the past few days I have felt the stirrings of the Holy Spirit. It is now up to us (His Church) to allow God to have his way in us by His Holy Spirit and just to open our hearts to him. God wants to speak to us, he wants to use us too, but we spend so much of our time just being so busy that we miss what God really wants. I just thought I'll share that with you to encourage you, because God has got something to say, we need to listen to him. See you over the weekend!

God Bless

Chris Cheshire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home