Thursday, September 28, 2006

Relish.

Why do they call relish [the food] relish? Because I really do not relish [take pleasure in] relish at all! Yuk!!!!

Moving on...

What do you love doing?


What is one of your favourite things to do?

Here's is my [incomplete] list (not in any order, just off the top of my head):


- Reading a book while having a long hot bath on Saturday morning before anyone else is up.
- Making Ruth laugh uncontrollably.
- Mowing my lawn.
- Watching a thunderstorm.
- Writing a beautiful sentence.
- Discussing things of eternal significance.
- Listening to a David Crowder CD.
- Running out into the snow first thing in the morning...

Having started the list I realised that I was going to struggle knowing when to stop. There is so much to enjoy. There is one thing that I deliberately left off the list, but I enjoy it the most; God. Knowing God and knowing that I am God's is great fun; I find such pleasure and delight in it. I relish this fact!

God is holy and awesome and everything. He created all things and sustains all things [including me every morning], if He paused even for a moment we'd all die. He is the First and the Last. I can't begin to describe how genuinely awesome God is. So awesome and important in fact that it seems an odd notion that we can just enjoy Him too. But we can, we can delight ourselves in Him!

"Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this:
He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.
Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him."
Ps 37:4-7

Enjoy life; enjoy God!
Go on, have a laugh. Enjoy your salvation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home