Sunday, September 24, 2006

Refuge.

When you think of 'refugees' you will no doubt think of people that have been displaced from their homes and even their countries. You picture people without a home.

As Christians we too are 'refugees' since our home is not here. But we are not homeless, here and now we have refuge:
"I love you, O LORD, my strength.
The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.
He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."
Ps 18:1-2

If where we live is not our 'true' home [our final destination], then we should retain qualities of our heritage in the way we live. Our lives should reveal to those who live with us the qualities of our home land (Heaven) and our mighty and radiant King (Christ).

"But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble.
O my Strength, I sing praise to you; you, O God, are my fortress, my loving God."
Ps 59:16-17

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home