Saturday, September 16, 2006

Rejoice.

Just from reading the title of today's entry I bet you anything that most of you immediately thought of Phil 4:4 "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!"

Me too :o)

But when I inadvertently read it in The Message it suddenly shed a new light on it for me!

"Celebrate God all day, every day. I mean, revel in him! Make it as clear as you can to all you meet that you're on their side, working with them and not against them. Help them see that the Master is about to arrive. He could show up any minute!"
Phil 4:4-5 (Msg)

When I have thought about this verse in the past I have always focused on myself. I have always considered what benefit it has for me; keeping me chipper and mindful of what God does for me.

But there is more to it.

When the Queen was due to visit Newport what caught my attention was the excited preparations that people were involved in. I kept forgetting about her visit but I would see all this activity and I would wonder what it all meant until I remembered.

When our lives celebrate God [in such a way that reveals that He is here in our lives] people will wonder what the reality is behind our rejoicing; what is it that makes us so happy, hopeful and fulfilled?

Our rejoicing easily [and contagiously] points people in God's direction. It is more than just singing a happy song to ourselves, in rejoicing we become sign post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home