Sunday, September 10, 2006

Just the ticket!


There are a few blogs that I occasionally read because the things that people write about their lives make me smile.

One of these blogs belongs to [the Rev'd] Justin Groves (I hope he doesn't mind me quoting him because it really lifted me up). The other day he said that an otherwise excellent day was torn down by one conversation. Downer!
You know the type of day.


The following day he went swimming with the family today to Newport Leisure Centre. Justin writes: "Not a bad pool - it's got a wave machine and a slide. Went down the slide and as I did I felt a weight lift from me; I felt a sudden burst of joy and relief as I let go. Was praying with my mate Rob afterwards and he text me a reworking of Psalm 119:32 - it goes like this 'I slide down the water chute of your commands for you have set my heart free.' Thank God for swimming pools and water chutes and for His freedom."

A massive AMEN! to that :o)

"I have chosen to be faithful; I have determined to live by your laws.
I cling to your decrees. LORD, don't let me be put to shame!
If you will help me, I will run to follow your commands.
Teach me, O LORD, to follow every one of your principles.
Give me understanding and I will obey your law; I will put it into practice with all my heart.
Make me walk along the path of your commands, for that is where my happiness is found."
Ps 119:30-35 (NLT)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home