Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Read.

What are you reading?
This obviously, but what else? What literature are you reading? Do you mostly read magazines, newspapers, novels, biographies, manuals, instructional or inspirational books?

Why do you read?
To pass the time? For pleasure? To learn? To better yourself? To understand someone more? To be inspired?

Reading is apparently the sign of an active mind, since it educates [and stimulates] you like no other medium. However, reading in itself does not transform us; it is only when it infiltrates our behaviour that its full effect is seen.

"Oh, how I love all you've revealed; I reverently ponder it all the day long. Your commands give me an edge on my enemies; they never become obsolete. I've even become smarter than my teachers since I've pondered and absorbed your counsel. I've become wiser than the wise old sages simply by doing what you tell me..." Ps 119: 97-100 (Msg)

If you are a 'lifeless' Christian chances are you won't be reading this today. You are reading these little thoughts for the day because you have a desire to see your faith grow (and hopefully these blogs inspire you in someway, although of course you will do all the work). As Christians with a desire to grow we have to make reading God's Word [the Bible] a priority. It is our lifeline; it nourishes, strengthens, inspires, warns, leads and directs us.

"By your words I can see where I'm going; they throw a beam of light on my dark path."
Ps 119: 105 (Msg)

Without God's Word playing an integral role in our lives we stumble around in the dark. But unless we allow God's Word to influence our lives, by being obedient to His direction, then it is useless to us. It is a 'living' word; it reads us as much as we read it. Through God's inspiration of the authors we are able to enter into a conversation with God through this book, and we wither choose to let Him direct us through it, or we choose to ignore Him.

Enjoy some Bible today, let it fill your stomach; enjoy the taste:"Your words are so choice, so tasty; I prefer them to the best home cooking." Ps 119:103 (Msg)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home