Saturday, August 26, 2006

God's canvas #7

Here we are at the conclusion of this month of redecoration in our church. We are also at the end of a week meditating on what our lives reveal of Christ.

Why do we have life? We have it for a purpose. God has breathed the life of Christ into us for a reason, and that is so that this life will be breathed into the lives of those around us who need it. This is what God asked of the ancient prophet Ezekiel:
"The hand of the LORD was upon me, and he brought me out by the Spirit of the LORD and set me in the middle of a valley; it was full of bones. He led me back and forth among them, and I saw a great many bones on the floor of the valley, bones that were very dry. He asked me, 'Son of man, can these bones live?'" Ez 37:1-3

Here God is asking Ezekiel, 'why do you think you are here?'
Ezekiel, it turns out, was there to prophesy life. To speak and live life so that God's breath [of life] would enter those who were dead in their lives.

Today we find ourselves [as a church] on a hill in Newport. We see the dry bones of so many lives lying around us and God is asking us why we think he has placed us here. In fact He asks us the same question as he spoke to Ezekiel: 'Will these bones live again?'

When we live our life full of Christ something happens that we could barely expect or explain. God's breath brings life into those who were dead. Life is victorious!

"So I prophesied as he commanded me, and breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet - a vast army." Ez 37:10

Amen - let it be, Lord. Breathe life into a vast army.
Use me. Use us.
Have a good bank holiday :o) see you on Tuesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home