Friday, August 25, 2006

God's canvas #6

When I was still relatively new to Bethel I remember us celebrating an elderly gentleman's 100th birthday.
Despite then living in a nursing home he faithfully came to as many meetings as he could. He was full of life, the life of Christ; you could see it in his actions and his eyes.
On his birthday he sang a hymn that was dear to him and despite his age he sang it in tune. The same seemed true of his life; despite his age he was still in tune with God. It seemed as if his life, limited as it was in his last few years, still echoed Paul's words:
"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labour for me." Phil 1:21-22

When I look at my life I occasionally see a selfish alternative truth; for me to live is me. My life often reveals more about me than it does about the love of God.
Our youth have recently come back from the Audacious conference where they were radically changed through God's presence in their lives. It is evident on their faces. When Dino spoke on the Sunday after their return, he said that he used to be a Christian without a real relationship with God. But now he had something real which he wanted to transform his life. He wants to live for Christ and to be part of a church which isn't mediocre. That only happens when we harmonize in our desire to live for Christ!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home