Wednesday, August 23, 2006

God's canvas #4

This God-coloured life we live is fundamentally different to the old life. Here's how:

"For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: 'The righteous will live by faith.'" Rom 1:17
"We live by faith, not by sight." 2 Cor 5:7

Faith brings out God-colours in our lives, but the challenge is how much does this verse describe our lives? Be honest with yourself.
I struggle with this because I know it does not describe my life as completely as the world needs it to be.
Do I have the faith to live by faith?

My parents taught me well as I grew up. They taught me how to save for what I wanted. They taught me to earn my keep; tithing first, giving second and spending last. But this is all 'sight living'! Have I been trained to live by faith?

What about you?
Have a look in your wallet or purse. You will probably find evidence of faith in action; the humble credit card.
If you use it regularly you are living by faith. Perhaps not faith in God, but you spend money having faith that somehow you'll be able to pay for something that you can't afford at that moment. It could be viewed by some as financially reckless but the banks and credit companies have made an industry of encouraging you to 'live by faith'.

With this training let's trust in God. We know how to live by faith without a second thought (thanks to credit card companies) and so let our faith and lives rest 'recklessly' in the security God gives us (which is not a reckless thing to do at all).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home