Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Do we believe in salvation?


I have been redeemed. Knowing this makes me feel secure and happy, but do I live it? I sing about it on Sunday with everything that I have [and mean it] but do I live and breathe the same song throughout the week?

“I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes.” Rom 1:16

I have been thinking about this a lot recently.
We are the army of the redeemed that God has raised up from among the lost (just like He did before Ezekiel’s eyes in the valley of dry bones). An army equipped for service, built to win; not to capture but to release. The ‘lost’ are not simply a ‘faceless crowd’, they are our family, friends, colleagues, those we love, people worth redeeming!
This is why we should ‘go mental for the lentil’, because we look the enemy in the eye and say, ‘Enough. You go no further today.’ The victory always belongs to our commander because we stand in His strength! Glory to God.

I would emphatically agree with the first part of Paul’s sentence; I am not ashamed of the gospel! I would defend it and explain it to anyone (and just pray that God puts the right words in my mouth). But the second part of the sentence is something different, it’s territory claiming. If I really believe that it is filled with God’s power to redeem (and His desire is to redeem everyone) then why do I not tell everyone [regardless of whether they ask about it]? May be I don’t because I worry that the power may not be there, because it may not work; what would I do then?! But how will they know about salvation unless they are told about it?

Lord, help me to be like Jonah after the whole fish thing so that you don’t have to send a ‘giant fish’ my way. Amen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home