Friday, April 28, 2006

Ps 139 – Little pip.



In her MySpace blog the other day Helen was asking for people’s ‘reflections’ on Psalm 139. I love this Psalm and it is also Ruth's favourite (although she particularly likes Susie Poole's children’s book based on the Psalm). So over the next few days I will be reflecting on a few verses from this deep and lyrical Psalm and look at how it breathes life into our lives.

“You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvellous - and how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.” Ps 139:13-16

Before we really get into this Psalm I wanted to announce that Ruth and I are expecting a baby! It is only the size of an apple pip and so, for the time being, we have named it ‘Pip’. Seemed like a suitable name :o) The draw back is that Pip is due to be born on Christmas Eve…. what are the chances!

Ruth and I are trying to get used to the idea that we are going to be parents, it seems so unreal and strange. But while we are getting our heads around this God already knows all about little Pip. He has laid out every moment of their lives, We have to wait to discover if they are a boy or girl, whether they will look like Ruth or me, but amazingly God does not need to wait for such introductions because he is already intimately involved in Pip’s life. This week Pip’s heart (which is only the size of poppy seed) will start beating! God will be there to watch it happen… mind you He probably has a key role to play!

Any way, that’s our news. It’s quite exciting. Praise God from who all blessings flow!!!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home