Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Glorify His name?

Here’s something that Helen, my sister-in-law [and faith], wrote in her myspace blog the other day. It got me thinking because it all ties in with living out a fusion lifestyle. She is an awesome woman of God and just hearing people talk about her inspires me in my faith.

OK so this was a thought that I had in church a couple of weeks ago. We sang a song in worship (can't remember which one now) but one line really stood out to me 'I glorify his name'. It made me really think about whether I do!
Many of us realise that we have an awesome purpose in God and for God, but in our day to day lives do we really Glorify his name as it should be? I'm not saying that we should all be holier than thou, sort of thing, but more, do we really represent Jesus the person? Do we love our neighbour as ourselves? Do we turn the other cheek? It all sound so simple in theory but in practice it's not always so clear cut. But the point that I'm trying to make, is that these seemingly so simple things are what society lacks and what Christ through us represents. So the question I suppose is how do we want to see Jesus represented?

This all sounds a bit heavy and I don't mean it to be its just a thought that I was having as to how we actually Glorify Him!!

But any way just a thought don't let it trouble you!!! :o) Have a blessed Day!!!!! xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home