Monday, February 05, 2007

Sun gets in my eyes.

My wife doesn’t believe me when I tell her the sun can catch me ‘funny’ sometimes and it makes me sneeze. I can’t explain it really but it does; I somehow catch sight of the sun out of the corner of my eye and [for some unknown reason] it makes me sneeze. In fact it happened again just now as I walked towards Tesco. Something [physically] happens to me when I look at the sun!

While this is a bit annoying [especially when combined with hic-ups – unrelated, but also afflicting me right now] but I want to be changed when I catch sign of the Son – Jesus Christ!

“So if you're serious about living this new resurrection life with Christ, act like it. Pursue the things over which Christ presides. Don't shuffle along, eyes to the ground, absorbed with the things right in front of you. Look up, and be alert to what is going on around Christ—that's where the action is. See things from his perspective.” (Col 3:1-2 MSG)

I want people to be able to see and hear that I have been with/looking at Jesus.
When I start sneezing because of the sun Ruth tells me to stop [not that I can], but when people see Jesus in me (my faith visible in my face) they will stop me just to see him more. I would love for people to recognise more than just me in me; I want them to find Jesus (and therefore salvation).

Is this too much to dream?
No, it is just a matter of where we choose to look. I want to keep my eyes on Him.

- Andrew Carey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home