Monday, January 29, 2007

Home is where the heart is.

I was really encouraged [and challenged] by someone who wasn’t in church this Sunday.

Mack Norman is a gentleman of advancing years faithfully attends our church every Sunday he can. He is a great person to shake hands with because you always get a beaming smile… even after his house had burnt down! He doesn’t just show up each week he diligently takes the collection. This Sunday, however, he found himself in hospital after a fall. This could have been bad but the one thing on his mind was if he wasn’t in church who would take the collection. He was desperate to serve! Once at the hospital he insisted that his family phone our pastor to let him know.

When I heard this I was reminded of these words from Psalm 84:
“How lovely is your dwelling place, O LORD Almighty!
My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the LORD;
my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God…
Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere;
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God
than dwell in the tents of the wicked.”
(Ps 84:1-2,10 NIV)

- Andrew Carey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home