Saturday, November 18, 2006

Rekindle.

“Your decrees are the theme of my song wherever I lodge. In the night I remember your name, O LORD, and I will keep your law.” Ps 119:54-55

I am looking forward to Fusion next week. Things are going to happen; not because it is Fusion but because there is the opportunity for people to spend unusual time with God.

A few of us are also going to spend the whole night there (probably not praying the whole time, undoubtedly some incidental dozing will occur :o) and this has been exciting me. Have you ever spent the whole night in God’s company [listening, praying, worshipping, reading]? I haven’t. Since this is the case I have been thinking that it is unusual, and it may well be but it should not be unexpected. This is God we are talking about – why would you not want to spend the whole night in His presence?! We are also praying for Newport and so surely this is serious and urgent enough to motivate us to seek God’s face like never before?!

Is this unusual? The more I think about it I have begun to realise that it a reasonable response. God is excitingly near!

I call out at the top of my lungs, "God! Answer! I'll do whatever you say."
I called to you, "Save me so I can carry out all your instructions."
I was up before sunrise, crying for help, hoping for a word from you. I stayed awake all night, prayerfully pondering your promise.
In your love, listen to me; in your justice, God, keep me alive. As those out to get me come closer and closer, they go farther and farther from the truth you reveal; But you're the closest of all to me, God, and all your judgments true.
I've known all along from the evidence of your words that you meant them to last forever.
Ps 199:145-152 (Msg)

If you are coming along to Fusion at any time why not let us know, it’ll be exciting knowing who we are going to meet in God’s presence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home