Saturday, November 11, 2006

Release.

I am always astonished when people say what impact something I have written has had on them. Sometimes I listen to them and wish that I had been impacted in the same way they had!
Often when I am using these blogs to reflect on God’s Word I begin to realise [ever so acutely] how far I am from the man of faith which Christ wants to develop in me. And yet somehow my scribblings, which seem to resonate from my hollowness, have a lasting effect on others. Not because of my insight but because of God’s Word.

As this baffled me once again I began to realise what was happening. Even though I may box in God’s Word in my life (although I don’t mean or want to), His Word is not confined or restricted; it is beyond my control – that is why it impacts people:
“Fix this picture firmly in your mind: Jesus, descended from the line of David, raised from the dead. It's what you've heard from me all along. It's what I'm sitting in jail for right now – but God's Word isn't in jail!” 2 Tim 2:8-9 (Msg)

God’s Word is not in jail. We cannot restrict it. We may quote it emptily, not allowing it to touch our heart, but it is not our words; they are God’s and they will not return to Him without accomplishing what He desires.

The Apostle Paul knew this and so didn’t mind when people preached the Gospel out of wrong motives, because he knew the true Gospel was an untamed thing that cannot be controlled, whether it be out of good or bad motives.

Praise God: The truth is not in chains!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home