Friday, November 03, 2006

Release.

I have been listening to the latest Delirious? CD ‘Mission Bell’ again this week. The whole thing seems to reverberate with the words once spoken by Isaiah:
I said, “Here I am. Send me.” Is 6:8

Isaiah did not utter these words at a point in his life when he thought he was up to the job. In fact he was having a bad day. A real bad day.
There had been a sudden death in the family, worse than that – it was the king who had died. Worse still it looked as though his income could be in jeopardy. And to just top things off rather than finding comfort in God’s house he became more aware of his brokenness and sin!

But then God met with him.
Despite feeling completely empty, grief stricken, dazed and confused, when He encountered God all he say was, “Here I am. Send me.”

It is not often that God sends the mighty into the battlefield.
Instead He will send the broken, the uneducated, the sidelined, bewildered, timid and insecure. This is because in His service He can make the broken whole, the uneducated wise, the sidelined leaders, the bewildered confident, the timid bold and the insecure certain of who they are in God. And all this to His glory!

“Here I am. Send me.”
This is the prayer that is at the centre of Fusion. It is the prayer that draws us near to the heart of God with a desire to proclaim His salvation through our every deed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home