Monday, October 23, 2006

Relax.

Hi.

This is more of an apology than a ‘thought for the day’ really, but I hope that you don’t think anything less of me for it :o)

It is usually the case that I prepare many of these little blogs in advance (unless something hits me spontaneously). But I have been quite occupied recently getting prayer cover sorted for the SHINE Conference which is happening this Friday/Saturday (it’s going to be a great weekend – for women – where God is going to do amazing things! Newport is going to be blessed through this for sure) as well as editing the upcoming fusion devotional book (if you want to secure yourself a copy at a discounted pre-fusion price contact me) and so I have not been able to prepare any blogs. However, since it is also my birthday this week (oh yeah, I’m 33!) I thought that I’d take a week off and pick things up again on Monday 30th October.

Over the weekend I read something from my Word For Today (which I can’t link in because the website is down at the minute) which really made me think. Their suggestion was that God places us in our workplaces [etc] because He feels that He can trust us with the lives of our colleagues. Now that’s a thought; God has entrusted our work colleagues into our care. He loves them so much that He is willing to put us into a position of influence (and being as we work along side them everything we do and say will influence them).
I have never really thought of it in this way before but it really sunk in deep.

“As long as I was with them, I guarded them…” John 17:12 (Msg)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home