Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Revitalise.

Ruth and I had a wonderfully long weekend away. We didn’t go far, we just found a delightful B&B [near Hereford] and decided to just rest up and relax. It did the trick.

What was an added bonus was that we had the pleasure of visiting a near by church.
As we fell asleep on Saturday we were saying how much we enjoyed visiting other churches while on holiday because it reminded us just how much God was doing all over the place. In Hereford we visited the Christian Life Centre and it was clear that God was doing something there.
It is awesome when you find yourself in a town where you don’t know anyone but as soon as you walk into a church you find yourself strangely at home because you are welcomed by the same presence of God that you love so much [and seek so hard] back at home. This is not to say that every church is the same, we are all unique; we may share similarities but our differences allow us to fulfil our God given visions in our areas.

Seeing Christ at work in Hereford has excited me even more by what he is doing in my home church, where He has planted me [the place where he has called me to take root]. I return home revitalised in more way than one. I have found my desire for Christ renewed (not that it had faded) and my passion for him strengthened.

Getting away is good, but coming home is great!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home