Tuesday, November 28, 2006

A Beautiful Collision.

During the summer, I spent a lot of time at home and alone with my guitar. I wanted to learn some new worship songs to aid my home time with God and practice my talents. This was the sound of my summer, the plea for Fusion to happen. This whole event was based upon the themes of this song, and the album it comes from. It is a discourse of an emptied vessel, waiting to be filled. It is a broken and scared voice, finding the beauty that is meeting with God.

Interestingly, the album also has a subtitle, “3+4=7” – which I only just found out what it meant. David Crowder, the artist, explains that the number 7 has always been believed to be the divine number. It is perfection. 3 is attributed to God (as in 3 days, the trinity, the multiple of 3 is 12 which was the tribes and disciples…etc…) and the number 4 is us; our humanity. When these two meet – 3+4, we get perfection. 7.

“When our depravity meets His divinity, it is a beautiful collision.” - David Crowder


PS If you would like a copy of the devotional they are £3.50 each. E-mail Andrew for more details.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home