Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The influence of Pip.

My wife, Ruth, is now 11 weeks pregnant and ‘Pip’ has already caused quite a disturbance in our lives! Within weeks of conceiving Ruth began to feel the effects of Pip’s presence. Before long morning sickness kicked in, which has been progressively disruptive. The influence of little Pip has meant that Ruth has not always felt well enough to go out when she wanted to, and when Ruth has been feeling delicate I have spent time doing the things around the house that she has been unable to do (and when I haven’t been able to keep up with it all my mother-in-law has helped). Routines have changed, lives have been altered and Pip hasn’t even been born yet!

Despite Pip’s small size her/his presence has had a significant impact on what happens in the world… or at least our lives :o)

Recently, during times or worship in our church, we have found ourselves singing ‘History Maker’ (by Delirious?). At times it re-ignites within me a desire to live a life of faith, at other times I doubt the words I sing; how could the faith that underpins my life change history?!

But it can.

"I assure you,” said Jesus, “even if you had faith as small as a mustard seed you could say to this mountain, `Move from here to there,' and it would move. Nothing would be impossible."
Matt 17:20

If ‘Pip’ can have such a significant impact upon our lives [and therefore history] then so can I, even if I may feel as insignificant as a mustard seed nothing is impossible. Nothing! We can live our lives with this assurance/confidence. We may not always feel that it’s true, but that doesn’t change the truth. In Christ you and I are history makers on a grand/eternal scale. Believe it; live it; enjoy it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home