Monday, May 22, 2006

Reflections from FUSION.

When I was at Fusion I began reading some of Matthew (from the Message) as I figured, ‘where better to get to know Jesus the man than in the Gospels and through his teachings.’ So I read chapter 5 and [O wow!] I couldn’t stop reading. So I read straight through to chapter 8.
It’s amazing what a dynamic man he was; not just talking to a few people, but a whole mountain side of people. He wasn’t just saying simple pretty feel good things either, he spoke about challenging life questioning stuff. He talks of how we need to live pure, unselfish and humble lives. Those three words sound so simple but they’re not. We all think things and say things about people that aren’t encouraging. Jesus, in Matt 5:22-27, says that to call a brother ‘idiot’ or a ‘fool’ puts you in danger of meeting the ‘fire of hell’. He’s not trying to frighten us but merely show us the effects of negative thinking on us and others. Despite this it’s still scarily easy to do. We also judge others continuously and he also addresses this in Matt 7:1-7. We should not judge others before first examining ourselves. How dare we?!
I found the whole two chapters totally challenging, but not in a bad way. Challenging as in wanting to fill all of those requirements and desperately wanting to seek more of the amazing man that Jesus, my saviour and friend. To know him and know the heart beat of the Father is my life’s goal and these seemingly simple guidelines are just the start. But this isn’t scary but exciting and not a burden by my mere duty for what Jesus gave me and for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home