Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Holy moments 1 - Big things happen in small places.

I was asked to preach on Sunday [just gone] and so I thought that I would put my notes on this blog over the next few days because if you heard me I may have spoken to fast (or waffled too much) or you may not have had the ‘privilege’ to hear me :o)


Before I begin I really must warn you; there’s danger in what I want to share.

Pastor Andrew spoke about ‘living on the edge’ last week, what I have to say is equally unsafe and un-comfort zoney (?!).
It’s about something radical, uncontrollable, revolutionary, life altering, history changing… and it is really small. In fact it may seem like nothing at all.

This probably going to be more instructional than inspirational, but I want us to think about what is popularly tagged our ‘quiet time’ (which is a bit wimpy sounding for what it is, it needs something more powerful…. ‘power time’ or something), our time alone with God. Now don’t be fooled into thinking that these are sweet little sedate times. Real quiet times are a high octane affair. It’s not spiritual Ovaltine, it should be the spiritual equivalent of a high energy drink (giving you wings).

I hope this will help refocus us who are young in our faith and refresh those of you who are mature. Paul had no worries in repeating basic stuff: “Whatever happens, dear brothers and sisters, may the Lord give you joy. I never get tired of telling you this. I am doing this for your own good.” (Phil 3:1) Or as it says in the message, “better safe than sorry.”

I have 3 points which I will share over the next few days:

  • God has plans for you
  • God has a purpose for you
  • God will lead you – or, ‘Look who’s talking’.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home