Wednesday, March 22, 2006

What makes life worth living?


“The fundamental fact of existence is that this trust in God, this faith, is the firm foundation under everything that makes life worth living.” Heb 11:1 (Msg)

By the time that I collapse back into bed at the end of another hectic day, I can sometimes find myself thinking about the burden of faith. But that is an illusionary thought of a tired mind; it is not the truth. When I think back through my day I know for certain that it is my faith, my trust in God, His promises over me, that gives me a lightness in my step and illuminates my every step. It puts solid rock beneath my feet. I may be frustrated and occasionally angry because I do not have any control or a voice over the things impacting my life, but I am assured [confident] that God, who is in control of all things, is with me; Immanuel [this name is not just for Christmas!]
I have spent a day with my Lord and saviour. His Spirit has promised to teach me and I have vowed to [and occasionally do] listen!
Is this true, or just my imagining?
Think about it for a while…

Do you have a burning inside, deep inside? That’s God’s bearing testimony to its truth in your life! Life is worth living – my life is worth living because Christ has breathed life into me. I am not hollow inside, He is resident in my life; what joy!

As I thought about the last paragraph a song from a Switchfoot album I have drifted through my mind. It reminds me of how much joy listening to the Holy Spirit’s whisper brings. This fire fuels our desire for fusion.

On Fire
Tell you where you need to go
Tell you when you need to leave
Tell you what you need to know
Tell you who you need to be

Everything inside you knows there's more than what you've heard
So much more than empty conversation filled with empty words

And you're on fire when He's near you
You're on fire when He speaks
You're on fire, burning at these mysteries

Give me one more time around
Give me one more chance to see
Give me everything You are
Give me one more chance to be

Everything inside me looks like everything I hate
You are the hope I have for change,
You are the only chance I'll take

When I'm on fire when You're near me
I'm on fire when You speak
I'm on fire burning at these mysteries
These mysteries

I've been standing on the edge of me
standing on the edge of me
standing on the edge of everything I've never been before
And I've been standing on the edge of me
standing on the edge

And I'm on fire when You're near me
I'm on fire when You speak
I'm on fire burning at these mysteries

“Now faith is the assurance (the confirmation, the title deed) of the things [we] hope for, being the proof of things [we] do not see and the conviction of their reality [faith perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses].” Heb 11:1 (Amp)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home