Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Password: TH4NK YOU

Is it just me or does it seems like we are born cynical. We naturally find fault with things.
Try it out.
Think about last week... have you thought about all the things that went wrong or annoyed you? Things that could have been better.

When we are caught up with these we forget that we are blessed people!
When we forget how blessed we are we forget the password to gain access into God’s court, into His presence, His embrace – our joy. When we are critical or resentful it is no wonder we find it hard to find God; these aren’t the tools that draw us close to Him. Instead being armed with a simple password (our PIN number if you will) we can always enter His courts.

I was reminded of this on Sunday by Sarah, one of our worship leaders.

Here’s you’re password (it never expires!):
TH4NK YOU

Enter with the password: “Thank you!” Make yourselves at home, talking praise. Thank him. Worship him. For GOD is sheer beauty, all-generous in love, loyal always and ever.
Psalm 100:4-5 (Msg)


Try it out this week, see if it works. Use the password every day.
Thank you, Lord…
...for giving me a beautiful, intelligent and witty wife. You have made us for each other and I am blessed.
Thank you, Lord…
...for the house which you made available at the right time for the right price.
Thank you, Lord…
...for the sun light reflecting through the kitchen window this morning.
Thank you, Lord…
...for my family. It was great seeing my mum and dad over the week end. I am so happy that you blessed me with them. They bought me up well.
Thank you, Lord…
...for my education both in school and in your presence. Every day you are teaching me something new. How to follow you more closely, how to live more deeply.
Thank you, Lord…
...Kellogg’s Cornflakes are awesome, if you hadn’t have created the corn in the first place my breakfast would have been as nice! I thank you for the inventiveness that you have blessed us with to come up with brilliant food and stunning recipes. (I’m also looking forward to my Jamie Oliver inspired burgers that I’m having tonight).
Thank you, Lord…
...for our car. It works, which is great. It is comfortable, which is even better, and it has a CD player in it … may our lives be as filled with your praise as our car is!
Thank you, Lord…
...for the generosity of your people. If you were not in the habit of blessing, our friends would not have been able to give us their car just when we needed it most.
Thank you, Lord…
...for the church you have placed me in. I thank you for the people around me who encourage me to grow and those who pray for me without me realising it.
Thank you, Lord…
...for my pastor. Bless him real good; leave your calling card of blessing for him today.
Thank you, Lord…
...for my computer and this blog (I really thank you for broadband!).
Thank you, Lord…
....because I could go on and on…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home