Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Jesus wins!

“A great and wondrous sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head.” (Rom 12:1 NIV)

What?!

Do you sometimes read stuff in the Old Testament, or worse still in Revelations, and thought, “What?! I’m supposed to be a Christian, I haven’t got a ‘vindaloo’ [rhyming slang: clue] what that is all about!!!”
After all isn’t the Holy Spirit supposed to reveal all things to us. Wasn’t that the promise?
Yes it was and he does! He makes it so simple for us that sometimes don’t take it in. I was reminded of this when I read this little story:

Walking through campus one day, a seminary professor came upon a custodian reading the Bible during lunch hour. The professor asked what he was reading.
“Revelation,” the custodian said.
“I’m sure you don’t understand what it means,” said the professor condescendingly.
“Actually, I do,” he replied. “It means Jesus wins.”

When phased by stuff we don’t grasp that is all we need to know: JESUS WINS!
Could it be any more reassuringly simple?!


-Andrew Carey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home