Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Encourage #3

In work we have an electronic calendar system, it’s ‘great’. If I’m honest I have never totally mastered the system and its many nuances. One thing I know that it does is constantly remind you of impending events. Worse still, it will keep on reminding you right up to the very event itself; its relentless!

Even though I do find these reminders annoying (because they will invariable pop up on screen unnoticed while I am working on something else!) they are helpful; it won’t let me forget. The Apostle Paul knew the need and benefit of being reminded – it keeps you sharp and focused. Here Paul reminds us to encourage one another:
“Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.” (1 Thes 5:11 NIV)

Have you encouraged someone today?
You may have done so already because it was in the natural flow of conversation, or you may have done so because you set out with this in mind. Whatever the case keep it up; the encouragement you give is often the encouragement that God wants to pass on to someone – so don’t hold back God’s encouragement.

In fact knowing that you are reading this is an encouragement to me. I know that there are quite a few people who regularly read these blogs and this encourages me – I am picturing you right now :o) If it wasn’t for you I am not sure that I would be doing this now, and if I wasn’t I wouldn’t be benefiting from it as I do. Writing my thoughts down like this helps me solidify God’s voice in my life and makes me grow in my faith. You encourage me!

-Andrew Carey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home