Friday, April 07, 2006

Cubicles or Tabernacles?!


To see fusion flourishing in our lives we need to build familiarity with God into our lives. Not the kind that breeds contempt but the kind that develops a passion for Him.

The righteous will flourish like a palm tree, they will grow like a cedar of Lebanon; planted in the house of the LORD, they will flourish in the courts of our God. They will still bear fruit in old age, they will stay fresh and green, proclaiming, "The LORD is upright; he is my Rock…” Psalm 92:12-15

Smith Wigglesworth was once quoted as saying, “I never pray for more than half an hour, but I never go for more than half an hour without praying.” This of course reminds us of the importance of maintaining a prayerful attitude throughout our working day, but to develop our friendship with God we need time when it is just Him and us; no distractions. These don’t have to be long, just frequent.

Every Easter, when promoting their Crème Eggs, Cadbury are always interested in finding out how we eat ours. Well, how do you create this familiarity and therefore fusion in your life? How do you create little ‘Tabernacle’ times with God during the day?

I visit the toilet.
It may not be the most pleasant Tabernacle (indeed it certainly has its own fragrance which is definitely not incense!) but I can be guaranteed privacy and an absence of any distractions. As I take a break from my work I lock myself away for just a few minutes, otherwise engaged, waiting upon God. I read my Bible notes and pray. You may still be shocked by the whole toilet thing, but this is a precious time in my day which has allowed my relationship with God to grow.

“Pray at all times (on every occasion, in every season) in the Spirit, with all [manner of] prayer and entreaty. To that end keep alert and watch with strong purpose and perseverance, interceding in behalf of all the saints (God's consecrated people).” Eph 6:18 (Amp)

Where do you find your Tabernacle?
PS Wandering what the difference is with Fusion? Then read the 'All Change' entry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home