Monday, February 19, 2007

Come alive.

We take life for granted.
We have the alarming tendency to live recklessly because we make the bold assumption that there is always tomorrow. Our recklessness may take many forms, a rushed discussion, thinking that watching ‘that’ TV show won’t harm us, or driving around too fast because we leave home too late; whatever form it takes it reveals that we do not treasure what we have. Living life to the full does not meaning emptying it of value; run fast, laugh loud, hold hands, turn up early, give gifts, relax fully, knit creatively, study productively, rejoice everyday.

We can also fall into the tendency of taking our spiritual life for granted; we live as though our salvation is a contract rather than a relationship. Complacency is a killer, this is the message we get when we read what is said about the church in Ephesus (Rev 2:1-7).

Remember you are alive!
I read these words last week and it reminded me just how exciting our life is (even the mundane day-to-day parts): “…because I am alive… you're about to come alive.” This is what happened the moment Christ entered your life – you became alive! We are no longer waiting, we have life in us – overflowing and abundant!
“I came so they can have real and eternal life, more and better life than they ever dreamed of.” (John 10:10 MSG)

A famous philosopher once said, ‘I think therefore I am.’ When Christ rescues us [from our miserably terminal sin drenched mundane life] he brings us to life, and all of a sudden we see: ‘I live therefore I know who I am’ – I am in Christ and he is in me!

"I will not leave you orphaned. I'm coming back. In just a little while the world will no longer see me, but you're going to see me because I am alive and you're about to come alive. At that moment you will know absolutely that I'm in my Father, and you're in me, and I'm in you.” (John 14:18-20 MSG)

Let’s never take this for granted but enjoy falling in love with our redeemer every morning – when we breath let’s realise that we are alive, and if we are alive [truly alive] we are in Christ, and if we are in him we have something to sing about, a hope to share.



-Andrew Carey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home