Saturday, December 09, 2006

In-visibility.

“How can you love something that is invisible?”
“Do you love music?”
“Yes”
“Then it’s not that hard at all, is it?”
“No, that’s different! I can hear it, interact with it, see the effect it has on people, share it…oh…I see what you mean.”

Early in the morning is about the best time I have during the day to think. I spend a lot of my day reacting in my head to past events, or questions that come about fresh that moment. This was a dialogue God had with me before I had even got out of bed.

But I like it when questions are asked that challenge me. That I get wrong. Because then I get to have the right answer revealed to me, or pulled from me by enquiring more.

Music makes us feel different emotions and allows us to experience past events or put us in a new place. It can break us down or build us up, it can inspire and torment, ask and answer questions…It’s a lot like God in many ways. God is so much more than music, but gave it to us as a tool for worship, (as worship is not only music) and expression for us to emote and feel in new ways. It’s a means of understanding God, but it in itself cannot compare to God.

“For we walk by faith, and not by sight.” 2 Cor 5:9

“Do you love your family and friends?”
“Yes”
Even though you can’t see them right now?”
“OK, I getcha…”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home