Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Friction or fusion?

Everybody is probably very familiar with Psalm 23, but as I read it again the other day three little words from it really began to have an impact: “He leads me…” (Ps 23:2).

As these few short words began to sink in I wondered how much I actually let God lead me. How often have I read from God’s Word, or heard His voice, but remained unchanged? Thought about it but still done nothing. If you and I are honest with each other, this probably happens far more often than we would like to admit. We can of course keep this a secret from each other (and still look very godly) but there is no hiding it from God!

How often have you prayed ‘Lord, let Your will be done’. Although what you really meant was ‘…as long as it doesn’t impact my will or require me to do more than I want to.’ God’s will is God’s will; it is not ours that we can choose bits of it! Forgetting this will always result in friction [between us and God] rather than fusion.

At no time in history has God ever said, ‘let me follow you for a while. You take the lead.’ If God can’t be trusted to lead us, or requires a rest from it, He wouldn’t be God!
We can trust God, there is no question of that, but will we choose to. When I am unchanged by God’s Word I am silently declaring my lack of trust in Him, or worse still I am demonstrating my defiance of Him.

“Every part of Scripture is God-breathed and useful one way or another--showing us truth, exposing our rebellion, correcting our mistakes, training us to live God's way.” (2Tim 3:16 Msg)

God is God and I can trust Him with my life, my family, my job, my finances, my future and my eternity. I want my life to demonstrate this [hope] to the people who watch me work and live every day. The people who sit two foot away from me day in, day out.

As I think about this, I am also conscious of this fact: When I do not allow God to lead me I miss out on His comfort.
“Your rod [to protect] and Your staff [to guide], they comfort me.” (Ps 23:4 Amp)

I want to create a new fusion path in my life today – Lord, lead me that I may follow. Amen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home