Monday, March 19, 2007

Week in week out.

What a fabulous week I have had; no work, just time spent with my little family – this has involved a grand amount of cuddling my baby girl :o) It has been a week of smiles and tensions; smiles provided in copious amounts by Hannah (aw, bless) and tension from the antics of Jack Baur in the TV show ‘24’ (we are watching season 5 on DVD).

While my week off has been relaxing it has also given me such a lot of time with my daughter. She may be able to speak, or even control her flailing arms :o) but I have learnt so much from spending this time with her, I feel as though I know her better. I have got to know her characteristics, likes and dislikes, and little habits better. I know how to make her laugh. I have discovered that when we are playing in the garden she prefers me pretending that she is a spade more than a lawn mower (although both make her laugh).

I have learnt all of this from just being near her.

“Come close to God, and God will come close to you.” (Jam 4:8 NLT)

By the end of the week I had begin to appreciate the necessity of spending time with God, getting to know Him more than knowing about Him. I have started this week with as much of a burning desire to spend time with God as I do with my daughter.

"If you'll hold on to me for dear life," says God, "…get to know and trust me. Call me and I'll answer…” (Ps 91:14 MSG)

-Andrew Carey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home